This week, Scholastic’s teen community, I Read YA, is celebrating its annual I Read YA Week celebration. This year’s theme is #YAStandsFor… From July 10-17, I Read YA will be sharing #YAStandsFor videos from Scholastic YA authors and offering giveaways for readers. You can follow I Read YA on Twitter and Instagram.
You can also celebrate I Read YA Week by:
- POSTING YOUR OWN #YASTANDSFOR VIDEO: Film a short video stating what you believe YA stands for! Post to Twitter and/or Instagram using the hashtag #YAStandsFor and tag @IreadYA.
- RT OR QUOTE RT #YASTANDSFOR VIDEO ON TWITTER
- PARTICIPATE IN DAILY SOCIAL CHALLENGES:Visit I Read YA’s Instagram and Twitter feeds for daily prompts. Make sure to Tag @IreadYA and use the hashtag #YAStandsFor. Here’s The schedule
- Monday, July 10: What does #YAStandsFor?
- Tuesday, July 11: Which YA book that helped you find your voice?
- Wednesday, July 12: Give a shout-out to your favorite fictional literary hero
- Thursday, July 13: Swap a YA book about the positive power of friendship with your bestie
- Friday, July 14: Create a graphic showcasing an inspirational YA quote
- Saturday, July 15: Choose a YA book and share 3 important life lessons you took away from it
- Sunday, July 16: Name a YA book you believe should be taught in high schools
- Monday, July 17: Share a pic of the YA book everyone needs to read
- SHARE THE “What Does YA Stand For?” SOCIAL GRAPHIC: During I read YA week, post the graphic (as seen below) to Twitter. Tag @IreadYA and use the hashtag #YAStandsFor.
© 2017, Cracking the Cover. All rights reserved.